You will go high, almost touch the sky and then -you will fall. You will crash onto the ground and feel every one of your bones shatter.
Your confidence, broken.
Self doubts at an all time high.
You were doing so well. You put in all your heart, you were willing to do what it takes.
But you weren’t prepared for the pain. You didn’t expect it to be so hard. You didn’t know shattered bones would be all-inclusive.
You’re loosing hope.
The dark is getting closer, and its cold foggy arms have almost reached you. You reach out your hand, longing to embrace it. You want to give up, you yearn for the relief the numbness of going back to your old life will give you. You want to forget.
Shame is burning inside you. Who are you to reach so high, dream so big? They will say they always knew you wouldn’t make it, nodding in comprehension and with a precocious look in their eyes. “You just got too big for your britches. Now come back to our side. We don’t have passion and fulfillment, but we can offer you flattened-out feelings, and comforting certainty. Your life will become predictable again.
You get up. You lift your head and look them in the eye, grasping the floating darkness behind them. You make a small step. They look at you, waiting. Nodding approval.
Your heart strikes. Your soul is aching.
You take a deep breath.
And you run.
You run away from the darkness, the approval, the certainty. Because you’ve heard your heart whisper “I believe in you”.
And that was enough for you to realize that there is a glimmer of hope waiting for you if you just turn around and open your eyes to it.
You’re here once again, at the starting line.
Plan B: Try again.
- "This Is Too Big for Me" – No, It's Not. Here's How to Beat the Odds
- Too Much to Do Too Little Time: How to Get Off The Hamster Wheel
- How to Escape A Life That Bores You to Death
- Unhappiness 101
- Why You Need to Live Your Dreams to Make Your Life Meaningful (spoiler alert: you will die)
- How to Do What You Love, Change the World & Get Paid to Do it
- 10 Life Lessons Learned on a Trip to the End of the World
- What to Do When Everything Plain Sucks: A Gentle Suck-Day Survival Kit
- The Beauty of a Morning Ritual: How it Can Help You Get Your Joy Back
- Burnout Is Not Cool. I Know You’re Serious About Your Dream, But Stop Killing Yourself Over It.
- Listen to your intuition. It trumps your rational mind.
- You can’t skip the fucking journey (& why I haven’t been blogging as much)